Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ta Da!! My first blog entry. Welcome!



How does one start writing a blog?






I guess just jump in with your eyes closed, kind of like how I've made many decisions in my life. I've learned over time that the less I think about something and the sooner I just do it, the better off I am, and those around me benefit too. But just to be on the safe side I have signed up for my creative writing course again, and good news for all it starts tonight!



Meanwhile, let me say "Welcome!" to the casaartstudio blog, which for the time being will revolve around our 'Painting A Day' series of art work. We will feature small, generally 8" x 10" canvas paintings (all originials) that will be available to purchase for those of you who just can't stand not being one of our collectors. An easy, and very affordable way to become part of this mob scene. If we weren't the artists we would buy them ourselves!!!



Although today is the first blog entry we are actually on painting number 5. This piece is a mixed media work that combines acrylics, inks and metallics. The edges are finished in black and edged in 18 k liquid gold leafing. A protective varnish sealer is applied, and the painting is signed on the back so it can be hung any way that suits the new owner.

Talk to you tomorrow!

Cynthia (oh yeah, and Steve)



http://www.casaartstudio.com/paintingday4.html

No comments:

Post a Comment