Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Is it Tuesday or Wednesday?



Yesterday I thought it was Monday all day (and even on into the evening until Steve pointed out my errant thinking). So I just want to state up front that I will probably be confused for the rest of the week! I have found ever since we moved to Florida from Atlanta almost 15 years ago that my sense of time has never been on track. I'm self-employed, and the weather rarely changes so there aren't the normal markers along the way that let me know what is happening. I kind of like that though - it doesn't seem as if time passes as quickly here.



One of the aspects of being an artist that I enjoy the most is that non-linear connection with the past, present and future while immersed in a creation. While painting one is totally in the moment of creating, yet there is often a spiritual type of connection with past artists who infiltrate our thoughts and it often makes me wonder what type of direction is being given to me from unknown sources. And while creating it is easy to let your mind wander into the future, thinking about the next painting and what source will be the inspiration for it.



The painting featured today is one of Steve's that I feel strongly attracted to for the energy that it has. The colours are bright and yet there is a surrealness to it that makes me want to keep looking at it, as if there is a mystery buried in there, somewhere. I have two names for this painting - 'Continental Drift' and 'Pangea' as I feel as if I'm looking down from above on something from the past. Steve has no name for this painting. To him it 'just is'.....



See you tomorrow!

http://www.casaartstudio.com/tofeapada1.html



No comments:

Post a Comment