Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Inspired by music!


Our studio has a nice vibe going on in it today. Steve and I are painting with an occasional dance step thrown in as we sashay to and from our work tables. The music du jour is a mix of India.Arie (Voyage to India), Khadja Nin (from the Central African Republic) and Mary Mary (a Christian rock/urban group). For those of you who know us your're probably saying "Well, two out of three of those make sense...not sure where they came up with that third one though!"

The first time I heard Mary Mary I was in a little beach shack on the island of Totola in the BVI's. Everyone was dancing while they were shopping and it was the greatest music. Kind of hip, urban and funky, along with a great message. I've liked that group ever since! If you have a chance go to Google and type in Mary Mary Shackles (praise you). Turn up the volume and listen/watch the video. Maybe you'll feel like painting too. At a minimum you may just start dancing!

Today's picture is a follow-up to my last blog about creative picture hanging. On either side of the pictures are Rhythm Pounders of the Senufo tribe from the Ivory Coast, West Africa. On the bench is a Kuba cloth from the Democratic Republic of Congo, given to me by my friend Sabine DeMott who lived in central Africa for years.

My studio is filled with great music, gifts from dear friends, and beautiful paintings underway. It's a great day!!!

Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment